Our goal is to develop a coherent interface between micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), photons, quantum defects, and (most recently) spin-transfer-driven nanoscale magnetic circuits. Along the way, we also develop some of the world’s most sensitive optical & mechanical systems.
Current Research Focus Areas
Open Positions (Students Graduating! Recruiting Phase!)
- Positions available to experimentally-inclined students with a background in physics or engineering
- Postdoctoral positions may be available for qualified applicants in a related field
Common Funding Opportunities
- Our Group
- NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
- NSERC Graduate Scholarships
- FRQNT Graduate Scholarships
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
McGill University is located in the center of downtown Montréal, a vibrant, artistic, dual-language city that was recently named the world’s best city for students. McGill’s primary language is English, and one can navigate the city in French or English. The cost of living in Montréal is quite low; graduate students live comfortably and have ample opportunities to explore / enjoy the city (I am often surprised at the quantity of uneaten free pizza in our department — surprised and immediately hungry). There also exists a large network of bicycle paths, a bike-sharing program, and a viable mass transit system including subways, trains, buses, and “drive-and-leave” electric cars (operated with the same proxy card). I sold my car when I arrived. It’s awesome.